Thursday, March 14, 2013

An Early March Excursion

Amish Market & Home: 8.70 miles
Singles: 44 minutes, average speed 11.6

This was an early March, after work excursion on the singles. The tandem was still in Onalaska with Kevin so we took the singles out for a short ride. Being half through the month of March, we began to worry about the possibility of getting any March miles on. We had just experienced a snowstorm earlier in the week and the snow was piled high along our ditches but the temperature and sunshine prompted us to take a chance. We did get rather chilly by rides end but it felt so good to be back out on the bikes. In my haste to begin our ride, I forgot one major component. I had my cell phone for music, my gloves for warmth, my yellow jacket for visibility, my cyclocomputer for data information, my booties for foot comfort…but I forgot my HELMET! We travelled a few tenths down the road when Dennis noted this omission. Gotta get my head in the game! Our early riding season will not happen this year. The 2 weeks we spent south last year really made a difference. We will have to play catch-up with our September and December plans for this 2013 season.

image

image

image

No comments:

Post a Comment